ИНЖЕНЕРНАЯ ГЕОЛОГИЯ. ГИДРОГЕОЛОГИЯ. ГЕОКРИОЛОГИЯ
Geoekologiya, 2019, Vol. 2, P. 48-55
THE BACKGROUND CONTENT OF HEAVY METALS IN THE WATER OF
SMALL RIVERS IN THE NADYM - PUR INTERFLUVIAL AREA
A. V. Soromotin1*, A. A. Kudryavtsev2**, A. A. Efimova1, O. V. Gerter1, N. N. Fefilov1
1Tyumen State University, ul. Volodarskogo, 6, Tyumen, 625003 Russia
2The Northern TransUrals State Agricultural University,
ul. Respubliki, 7, Tyumen, 625003 Russia
This article considers the problem of the formation of the microelement water composition of the small rivers not directly affected by the oil and gas industrial complex in the Nadym-Pur interstream area. Physicochemical characteristics and ionic composition of the natural water samples are determined by chemical aqueous method, the total content of heavy metals is analyzed by inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry (ICP-AES) and inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP- MS). More than 99% of the sum of all the heavy metal mass with concentration above 0,1 mcg/dm3 is defined by the presence of fourteen metals ranged as following: Fe>>Mn>>Sr>Ba>Zn>Rb>Cu>Co >Ni>V>Ce>Zr>Pb>La. Groups of such metals as manganese and strontium, nickel and cobalt, lead, zinc and copper, vanadium and zirconium, cerium and lanthanum form the concentration clusters. In comparison to large and average rivers, water samples from small rivers contain higher concentrations of iron and manganese, and lower concentrations of zinc. The Fe and Mn content may vary depending on such characteristics as water color index and water turbidity. The significant exceedance of MACf of Fe and Mn is observed everywhere. The excess of zinc, caused by natural factors is occasionally fixed. The defined variability ranges for the heavy metal contents in water of small rivers located beyond the reach of the oil and gas industrial complexes effects are suggested to consider as modern background regional values of the heavy metal concentrations throughout water-collecting area of Nadym and Pur rivers in Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug of Tyumen region.
Keywords: small rivers, ecological monitoring, heavy metals, water color, water turbidity, Nadym-Pur interfluve.
1. Agbalyan, E.V., Shinkaruk, E.V., Khoroshavin, V.Yu. Characteristics of the physico-chemical indexes for water quality in Tazovskii district of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug. Nauchnyi vestnik YaNAO. Ekologiya i prirodopol'zovanie v Yamalo-Nenetskom avtonomnom okruge, Tyumen, 2016, no. 2 (91), pp. 42-49. (in Russian)
2. Alyokin, O.A. Osnovy gidrokhimii [Fundamentals of hydrochemistry], Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat, 1970, 443 p. (in Russian)
3. Babkina, S.S., Goryunova, A.G., Gataulina, A.R., Ulakhovich, N.A. Determination and forecasting of the content of heavy metal ions in natural water as exemplified by copper, zinc, iron and manganese. Uchenye zapiski Kazanskogo universiteta. Estestvennie nauki, 2013, vol. 155, no.1, pp. 87-94. (in Russian)
4. Babushkin, A.G., Moskovchenko, D.V., Pikunov,
S.V. Gidrokhimicheskii monitoring poverkhnostnykh vod Khanty-Mansiiskogo avtonomnogo okruga — Yugry [Hydrochemical monitoring of the surface water in Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area - Yugra], Novosi-birsk, Nauka Publ., 2007, 152 p. (in Russian)
5. Beshentsev, B.A. Resources and quality of natural water in Yamalo-Nenets oil and gas producing region and their use. Vestnik TyumGU. Nauki o Zemle, 2011, no. 4, pp. 17-28. (in Russian)
6. Beshentsev, B.A., Vasil'ev V.G., Ivanov, Yu.K. Zhele- zo v podzemnykh vodakh Yamala [Iron in the underground water of Yamal]. Neft' i gas, 1999, no. 5, pp. 10-16. (in Russian)
7. Golovanova, O.A., Malovskaya, Ye.A. Dynamics of the heavy metal ions pollution of the river surface water in Siberian region. Vestnik Omskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2016, no. 3, pp. 64-73. (in Russian)
8. Kobelev, V.O., Agbalyan, E.V., Krasnenko, A.S., Shinkaruk, E.V., Pechkin, A.S., Pechkina, Yu.A., Er-emina, S.A. Dynamics of the hydrochemical indexes of the surface water of the Nadym River. Mezhdunarodnyi zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental'nykh issledovanii, 2016, no. 10 (part 3), pp. 448-452. (in Russian)
9. Larin, S.I. Physico-geographical conditions of the surface water quality evolution in the Western Siberia. Vestnik TyumGU. Ekologiya i prirodopol'zovanie, 2011, no. 12, pp. 70-77. (in Russian).
10. Moiseenko, T.I., Gashkina, N.A. Formirovanie kh- imicheskogo sostava vod ozer v usloviyakh izmenenii okruzhayushchei sredy [Formation of chemical com-position of the lake water under the environmental changing conditions], Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2010, 268 p. (in Russian).
11. Mur, J.V., Rammurty, S. Tyazhelye metally v prirodnykh vodakh. Kontrol' i otsenka vliyaniya [Heavy met-als in the natural water. Control and assessment of the influence], Moscow, Mir Publ., 1987, 286 p. (in Russian).
12. Savitskii, V.A. Planovye deformatsii svobodno meandriruyushchikh rek Yamala [Planimetric deformations of the spontaneously meandering rivers in Yamal]. Extended abstract of the Cand. Sci. (Techn.) Dissertation, St.Petersburg, 1996, 24 p. (in Russian).
13. Sal'nikova, E.V., Osipova, E.A., Zabolotnaya, N.V. Comparative evaluation of the zinc content in drinking water and soil in Orenburg region. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2014, no. 6 (167), pp. 155-157. (in Russian).
14. Svanidze, I.G., Kremleva, T.A., Soromotin, A.V. The effects of the underground water of the West-Siberian artesian basin on the migration of macro- and micro-elements in small rivers. Vestnik TyumGU. Ekologiya i prirodopol'zovanie, 2012, no. 12, pp. 55-63. (in Russian).
15. Soromotin, A.V., Pislegin, D.V. Tyazhelye metally v donnykh otlozheniyakh shlamovykh ambarov geologorazvedochnykh skvazhin Zapadnoi Sibiri [Heavy metals in the bottom sediments of mud pits of the exploration wells in West Siberia]. Geoekologiya, 2015, no. 6. pp. 514-520. (in Russian).
16. Toporov, G.V., Beshentsev, B.A. Characteristic features of the formation of chemical composition of natural waters in the Urengoy oil and gas extraction region (as exemplified Urengoi oil-gas condensate field). Vestnik TyumGU. Nauki o Zemle, 2013, no. 4, pp. 115-124. (in Russian).
17. Shvartsev, S.L., Serebrennikova, O.V., Zdvizhkov, M.A., Savichev, O.G., Naimushina, O.S. Geokhimiya bolotnykh vod nizhnei chasti basseina reki Tomi [Geochemistry of swamp water in the southern part of water-collecting area of the Tom River]. Geokhimiya, Tomsk, 2012, no. 4, pp. 403-417. (in Russian).
18. Yastrebov, A.A., Ivanov Yu.K. Gidrogeoekolog- icheskaya otsenka sostoyaniya presnykh vod Nadym-Purskoi i Pur-Tazovskoi neftegazovykh provintsii Yamalo-Nenetskogo avtonomnogo okruga v svyazi s intensivnoi razrabotkoi mestorozhdenii uglevodorodov [Hydrogeoecological assessment of the fresh water condition in the Nadym-Purskaya and Pur-Tazovskaya oil-and-gas zones in Yamalo-Nenets Au-tonomous Okrug taking into consideration intensive development of the hydrocarbon deposits] Litosfera, 2018, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 140-144. (in Russian).