ИНЖЕНЕРНАЯ ГЕОЛОГИЯ. ГИДРОГЕОЛОГИЯ. ГЕОКРИОЛОГИЯ
Geoekologiya, 2019, Vol. 3, P. 3-11
© 2019 V. I. Osipov
Sergeev Institute of Environmental Geoscience, Russian Academy of Sciences,
Ulanskii per., 13, str., 2, Moscow, 101000 Russia
The dynamics of solid municipal waste accumulation in Russia is considered taking into account the low rate of their reprocessing and utilization, which worsens the living conditions and aggravates the social tension in the country. The necessity to create an almost new industry is noted based on the collection, sorting, temporal storage, reprocessing and disposal of the non-utilizable part of waste. The tasks arising may be divided in two groups, i.e., technological and engineering geological groups. The most important tasks of the former group include sorting waste, separation of waste portion suitable for re-use as secondary raw material and recycling of the bulk of waste with the subsequent disposal of non-utilizable part. Among engineering geological tasks, the focus is concentrated on zoning territories for the optimal allocation of sites for temporary storage, reprocessing and disposal of solid municipal waste so that the newly formed bodies not to become a new source of technogenic contamination of the environment.
Keywords: solid municipal waste, accumulation, temporal storage, sorting, decomposition, disposal, engineering geological zoning, engineering preparation, protection of waste storage sites, monitoring.
1. Argumenty nedeli, no. 36(578), September 14, 2017. (in Russian)
2. Kozlyakova, I.V., Kozhevnikova, I.A., Anisimova, N.G., Ivanov, P.V. Inzhenerno-geologicheskoe raionirovanie Tsentral’nogo federal’nogo okruga Rossii po usloviyam razmeshcheniya predpriyatii i poligonov utilizatsii tverdykh butovykh otkhodov [Engineering geological zoning of the Central Federal region by the conditions for allocation of reprocessing facilities and disposal sites for solid municipal waste] Sergeev’s readings. Proc. Annual Session of Scientific Council RAS on the problems in geoecology, engineering geology and hydrogeology. Issue 20, Moscow, RUDN Publ., 2018, 276 p. (in Russian)
3. Mazurin, I.M., Ponurovskaya V.V., Kolotykhin, S.P. Sistemnyi analiz zadachi pererabotki tverdykh bytovykh
otkhodov [System analysis of the task of reprocessing
solid domestic waste], Vestnik RAEN, 2018, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 76-84 (in Russian)
4. Pozdnyakov, S.P., Rumak, V.S., Sofronov, G.A., Umnova, N.V. Dioksiny i zdorov’e cheloveka [Dioxins and the human’s health]. St. Petersburg, Nauka Publ., 2006. 274 p. (in Russian)
5. Purim, V.R. Bytovye otkhody: Teoriya goreniya. Obezvrezhivanie. Toplivo dlya energetiki [Domestic waste: Combustion theory. Fuel for power engineering]. Moscow, Energoizdat, 2002, 112 p. (in Russian)
6. Elliott, P., Eaton, N., Gavin Shaddick, Carter R. Cancer incidence near municipal solid wasn’t incinerators in Great Britain. Part 2: Histopathological and case-note review of primary liver cancеr cases. British Journal of Cancer, 2000. 85(5):1103-6. DOI: 10.1054/bjoc.1999.1046.
7. Javier Garria-Pereza, Pablo Fernandez-Navarroa, Adela Castelloa, Maria Felicitas Lopez-Cima, Rebeca Ramis, Elena Boldo, Gonzalo Lopez-Abente. Cancer mortality in towns in the vicinity of incinerators and installations for the recovery or disposal of hazardous waste, Environment International, 2013, vol. 51, pp. 31-44.